Property Grunt

Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Purpose Of This Blog

I became immersed in real estate about a year ago after reading Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad.

His philosophy regarding real estate was quite infectious and his words left me galvanized at a fever pitch about real estate investing. That changed really quickly when a family member pulled me aside and told me that I should get a license and work as a real estate agent to get a better understanding of the industry before doing anything drastic.

I realize now that Rich Dad may mean well but from my experiences I strongly disagree with his approach towards real estate.

The blog contains articles that I have been collecting and include my commentary about the industry. I do not claim to be an expert in this field. I am just a grunt, a foot soldier in the Manhattan real estate front presenting my experiences and opinions.

The worst thing you can do is use this blog as a how to guide to real estate investing. Its not designed as a step by step guide to invest in real estate besides there is no such thing as a step by step guide to real estate investing.

The best way to use this blog is to read the entries and compare the information I present with other real estate information resources including websites, brokers and other real estate professionals. Also to find others who are also entering this journey and learn from each other.

Good luck. Any questions feel free to email me.