Property Grunt

Friday, June 30, 2006

Requiem for Brokered and cheap oil

Remember Brokered? Well I got an email from my compadre in crime informing me that the Brokered Blog is no more. Brokered's motivation for shutting down operations is that an entry hasn't been in awhile and didn't see the point of hanging on if nothing was driving it.

As far as I am concerned Brokered was a damn good commercial real estate blogger and I am sad to see that blog gone. However do not fret, Brokered does have plans for a comeback in the near future whether it is in blog form or another format. We eagerly await your return my friend.

Yesterday the Fed raised the rate a quarter of a point and beat down any concerns of inflation which led the stock market into a massive orgy of buying. Oil prices have also been raised just in time for the 4th of July weekend which is probably going to lead more consumers in cutting back.

A couple of days ago I saw a Robinson oil truck pumping black gold into a sidewlak tank. I found this quite puzzling since it is summer and I approached the serviceman and inquired why the heating oil was needed. He replied "Hot water." Ohhhhhhh.

I guess even during the spring and summer landlords can't fully evade the oilman. It is no wonder landlords feel the increases are too low. Do your landlords a faovr and limit the amount of hot water you use. If you are able to help decrease operating expenses, the landlord might have more flexibility with your rent. Either way, waste not, want not.