Property Grunt

Monday, June 21, 2010

Just checking in.


Made a break out of town.

Hi folks. It has been a awhile. I have been taking care of some personal business so I have been unable to blog and I think it will be awhile before I can pop in regularly. Before I leave, I would like to comment on this article.

Housing Market Slows as Buyers Get Picky

This is really oversimplifying the situation which is surprising since this was published in the New York Times.

This real estate market is f**ked up for a variety of reasons which include sellers, lenders, foreclosures and the economy. To simply place the blame on one group is just plain stupid.

Which leads me to my next completely unscientific gut feeling. We are going to get hit again by the real estate market. The cause will be the consequences of the double dip and it will also be caused by something that none of us saw coming.

And then it will another decade or so to sort that out.