Property Grunt

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pendulum

Today Curbed rolled out its links of residential reports for the 4th quarter. And although there are differences amongst them, overall they agree that the market is holding its own. Jonanthan Miller has been gracious enough to present a thorough list of links on the reports.

There are probably some of you out there expect me to dine on some crow tonight, but I am not. I still think we are in for some major as the winds change and I still think that for some of us out there things are going to come crashing down.

I once had a conversation with a prominent individual in the real estate world. This was somone who was the real deal, no pun intended. Nnot only did he have the academic credentials but he had a ton of experience to the point that he could hold his own in a knife fight with Donald Trump.

When I told him that I was interested in becoming a real estate investor, the expression on his face turned polar. He made it clear to me that real estate is a great business but it is subject to changes that can occur on a dime. As he put it.
"When the pendulum swings, it swings very hard."

Perhaps what they are calling the soft landing is actually the pendulum shifting its direction.

Let's see what happens in 6 months.