Property Grunt

Monday, March 02, 2009

Reflection Relapse

I was smacked around again by the flu last Thursday, hence the lack of updates. I hate being sick because it means that I am forced to sweat out a flu that does not want to leave. I overdose on daytime television and if you were watching CNBC last week you just wanted to slit your wrists.


One of things that happens is when you are sick is that if you are not sleeping your passing the time reflecting on your life wondering where it has all gone and is going to next. It is sort of like being on your death bed without the death.

I am in position in my life where I am actually very lucky. Although I am not where I thought I would be, however I am not complaining with what I have because there are a ton of people out who have less than me. sO I am very grateful for what I have.

However, I would lying if there are certain goals what I wish to attain that still weigh very heavy on my mind. These goals are not the most practical at this time. In fact they are downright stupid because they require a bit of capital and most important time. And there is absolutely no guarantee that there will be an ROI on these investments. To call them loss leaders would be an understatement.

So why even think of taking on such a project, particularly with the way the world is now? Why not do something safe?

I remember a story Jim Carey once told regarding his father. His father was a musician who decided to hang it up his horn to become an accountant. He figured that was a more stable profession for a family man. One day his father got laid off and the entire was living out of a station wagon for two years.

Jim Carey learned that security was an illusion so you might as well do something you loved.

My love awaits.