Property Grunt

Monday, November 16, 2009

Return of the Working Girl?


No. Not this Working Girl.

Saturday Morning at around 9am I was on my walking to get breakfast when the strangest thing occurred. I was minding my own business when a woman who was walking past me asked me this question.

"Are you looking for some company?"

I kept walking but my internal response was the following "What the f*k did she just say?"

For those of you who do not know what that means that is hooker speak for "I am a hooker and I am open for business."

What is really more messed up was that this woman did not look anything like her brethren from the Hookers on the point documentary. She wore white leggings, a beret type of hat and was generally presentable. Here make was impeccable and was not overboard. What really stood out was her hair. It was a perm job with blonde highlights. Overall, she was an attractive girl in her 20's and did not look like a stereotypical streetwalker, in fact she looked like a girl who was out clubbing.

Did I mention this occurred right across from Grand Central Station?

The last time I saw a street walker in public in New York City was almost 20 years ago when I was walking through Time Square and this hooker was walking with a potential John trying to work a deal. But then they practically disappeared from that area when Giuliani came on the scene.

This is definitely another indication of how f**ked up our economy is and for those of you pondering in working in the world's oldest profession you might want to read this first.